What to Do Around St. Charles, IL
St. Charles Illinois first became incorporated as an official city in February of 1839. The population of St. Charles was relatively small starting out but once the railroad was installed the population flooded in. Today, St. Charles has about 34,000 people in the city. With the culture constantly changing around the area and the recent new additions to the downtown, there is plenty to do near Prairie Winds. Access to the downtown scene is very easy and convenient to get to from your apartment. Here are the 5 best-ranked places you must visit all located just a short distance from your Prairie Winds Apartment!
- Shakou of Saint Charles: Looking to grab dinner in a city vibe? Check out Shakou for award-winning Asian Cuisine just 2.5 miles from your apartment. Join them for lunch, dinner, or cocktail hour Tuesday-Sunday with varying hours available on their website
- Arcada Theatre: Is your favorite band in town? Check them out live at the Arcada Theatre in downtown St. Charles 3 miles from the Prairie Winds Apartment. The Arcada Theatre hosts everything from silent movies to live concerts all year round inside their beautiful venue.
- Dawn’s Boatyard Bar: Your next Friday night on the town, stop at Dawn’s Boatyard bar to experience the fun, sea atmosphere while grabbing a few drinks! The bar is located only 2.5 miles from your apartment, but will make you feel like you are miles away on a beach!
- Salsa Verde: Need a Taco Tuesday spot? Problem solved! Check out Salsa Verde not even a mile away from Prairie Winds. Salsa Verde serves authentic Mexican Cuisine and will even cater your next event. They have everything from Tortas to Chile Relleno and a build your own salsa bar.
- The Wine Exchange: If you are looking to pick up a bottle of wine or attend a wine tasting, make sure you stop in at the Wine Exchange located in the downtown area! They have a large variety of brands and wines available in store. Each month they host events so be sure to check out what’s next on their facebook page.
Living at the Prairie Winds of St. Charles definitely has its major perks! All that the downtown area has to offer is right in your “backyard.” Prairie Winds makes it easy to rent or lease your next apartment and begin the process of applying online. When looking for apartments for rent in St. Charles, Prairie Winds is your spot! The Pet friendly apartment complex and year-round jacuzzi and pool access make your location even more enjoyable. For those who work in Chicago, the apartment complex is just 40 miles from the city with easy access to the Metra train station making it the perfect spot for your affordable apartment. Give them a call at (630)485-7555 or visit them at 2600 Prairie Winds Drive, St. Charles, IL 60174.